About Me

Enjoying Better Auto Insurance

About six months ago, I realized that I was having trouble figuring out what to do about my car. I drove regularly in the ice and snow, and I was constantly getting into accidents. I needed to protect my vehicle and my family, so I started looking into better auto insurance. After searching for a better policy, I was able to find an incredible company to work with. I learned a lot about auto insurance, and it made a world of difference. This blog is all about enjoying better auto insurance by choosing the right policy for you and your family.

Latest Posts


Enjoying Better Auto Insurance

Additional Car Insurance Options When You Are Driving a Brand New Car

by Jeanne Fuller

When you drive a brand new car off the lot, your car starts to lose value immediately. While this is no big deal if you aren't going to be selling it in the near future, you should have additional insurance on your new car until you have some equity built up. Gap insurance is additional car insurance that will pay the difference between what you still owe on your car loan and the assessed value of your car if it is totaled. You can also add on Uninsured Motorist Coverage and Roadside Assistance to your insurance policy to protect you in the event of an accident or breakdown. 

Collision and Comprehensive Insurance

Collision insurance is what pays for your car when it gets wrecked in a car accident, while comprehensive coverage protects your car from other damages such as a flood, fire, or theft. While minimum coverage is probably enough if you own an older vehicle, making sure that you have enough coverage when your car is new is important. In addition, check with your state regulations. If you are found liable for a car accident, you want to make sure that you have enough liability coverage so that you can't be sued personally for damages.

Gap Insurance to Avoid Car Debt If the Car Is Totaled

Gap insurance is usually added on to an insurance policy when the car is new, when it is financed for more than 60 months, or when only a small down payment has been made. In the event of a car accident, the driver won't end up with no car and an outstanding loan for the car that was destroyed. The Gap insurance will pay off the car loan, covering the gap between how much the car was worth and how much is owed on the car at the time.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

If you live in a state that is an at-fault state when it comes to car accidents, uninsured motorist coverage can help. When you are hit by a motorist who doesn't have any car insurance, your uninsured motorist coverage will take over and pay the claim. In no-fault states, this is not a necessary coverage as the insurance for each driver is responsible for repairing the car of the person they insure.

In addition, you can purchase roadside assistance from your car insurance provider. If you are stuck out on the road for any reason, you can call roadside assistance for help.